Body Language & Confidence
Clothes, hair, and makeup are important aspects of your feminine image.
But your MOVEMENTS say more about you than you probably realize.
It doesn’t matter how good you look… If your movements give off a masculine vibe (or worse, are exaggerated and unnatural), you’re probably not making the impression you hoped for.
The first step to mastering your feminine movements? It’s avoiding some common mistakes!
Here are 5 male to female movement mistakes to avoid – and what to do instead:
1. Over-exaggerated hip swinging
There’s nothing more alluring than the sexy sway of a woman’s hips as she walks. But you should never overdo this. In fact, if you are consciously swinging your hips, it’s probably too much.
A better approach is to simply put on a pair of high heels and walk naturally. Heels automatically cause your hips to sway. The key is to relax your body and go with the flow.
2. Stiff body movements
Stiff isn’t sexy. As I mentioned earlier, the secret to fluid, feminine movements is to relax your body.
Tense muscles translate to stiff, masculine body movements. Focus on relaxing your body instead. Do stretching exercises to help release built-up tension.
3. Poor posture
Your posture is the foundation for your movements. Here are two posture mistakes to avoid:
- Slouching: If you’re tall, you might be tempted to slouch to downplay your height. Don’t. Slouching isn’t attractive and it definitely doesn’t make you look more feminine.
- Arching your back: On the other extreme, avoid exaggerating your posture by arching your back and sticking your butt out. While you might think this looks “sexy,” it actually looks silly.
The fix for both of these mistakes is to stand tall with natural, lifted posture. This makes you look confident and feminine.
4. Stocky shoulder movements
Men carry their weight in their upper bodies, while a woman’s center of gravity is in her hips. In men, this often translates into strong upper body movements.
As you can see in the video above, the hallmark of a masculine walk is “stocky” shoulder movements. Compare that to the graceful sway of the women’s hips.
To counteract this tendency:
- Keep your shoulders down and back. If you feel your shoulders coming forward, literally roll them back into place.
- Focus on keeping your shoulders still while relaxing the hips. This will help transfer the movement to your lower body.
- Keep your body weight neutral (or even slightly back) instead of leaning forward. This helps downplay the look of your shoulders.
5. Taking up too much space
There are many differences between male and female body language. One of the biggest differences is that men take up more space with their bodies while women tend to keep the space more closed.
How does this translate into movement?
- When men walk, they typically have a space between their arms and body, while a woman’s hands brush her hips.
- Men’s steps are longer and there’s often more space between the feet.
To correct this, rotate your elbows in so your arms stay closer to your body. Keep your feet closer together and take shorter steps when you walk.
Are you making the right moves?
Now that you know the most common mistakes, here’s another example of feminine movement to study and emulate. Notice the graceful posture, gently swinging hips, and relaxed body movements:
How feminine are YOUR movements? Do you struggle with this or are you one of the lucky girls who are naturally graceful?
Please share in the comments below!